[Equest-users] HVAC Occupancy Sensors

Manuela Mengue via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Thu Mar 16 06:02:22 PDT 2017

Hi all,

Has anyone succeeded to model HVAC occupancy sensors in eQuest? In this project, supply air from AHU units feed into VAV boxes in classrooms. The VAV boxes modulate airflow in accordance to occupancy sensor readings. The ASHRAE Table G3.2 allows us to take credit for lighting controls, however, I could not find guidance on HVAC occupancy sensors for energy models. My first approach would be to adjust occupancy levels in Proposed (how?), but this raises another question: doesn't LEED require to use the same schedules in Proposed and Baseline?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions,

Manuela Mengue
Design Engineer