[Equest-users] HVAC System Selection (baseline and Proposed)

equest user equestuser00 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 03:17:13 PST 2017

Hello eQuest Modelers,

I am having confusion in *modelling the baseline HVAC system type* for a
proposed building which has PACKAGED RTUs with Furnace as well as Electric
heating and also have VAV boxes with elec reheat.

Seeing that my main RTU heating sources are both gas and electric what
should be the Baseline HVAC System to be considered.

Furnace Gas heating is utilized during unoccupied hours and warm up period
and rest of the time electric is used.

occupancy schedule also varies for different rooms

As per 90.1 G3.1.1A Table note

*"Where attributes make a building eligible for more than one baseline
system type , Use the predominant condition to determine the system type
for entire building"*

What to be inferred from this. as I cannot differentiate predominant Heat
source condition on basis of Area as same RTU (Furnace + Electric) are
providing to same zones

So how and which factors to be selected for selection of Baseline HVAC
System

*Also need help on How should I model HVAC system in proposed so as to take
into account the night time & unoccupied hours heating by furnace.*

Awaiting the reply at the earliest.

eQuest power users UNITE !!!

Thankyou

Warm regards