[Equest-users] (no subject)

Nicholas Caton via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Fri Apr 28 08:22:45 PDT 2017

“Negative types?”  That’s a new one to me!

The expression I composed is working fine using version 3.65 build 7163, but I can recreate your error using build 7173.

Looks like the doe2 default within build 7173 looks like this – 2 things catch my eye:

if (#RV(#L("COGEN-TRACK-SCH")) == 0)
    then unused
    else #SIT("TRACK-ELEC","ELEC-METER","COGEN-TRACK-MODE",#L("TYPE"))
   endif

What’s #SIT?   Lo and behold there’s a new doe-2 reference manual entry explaining this is a thing now:
Volume 3: Topics > Building Description Language > Keyword Expressions > BDL Functions > SymIndexType or #SIT

Would you believe they use COGEN-TRACK-MODE as an example to explain this new(?) #SIT function?

On my first reading – it looks like #SIT is now supposed to be required of all “negative TYPE commands.”  ELEC-METER has been crowned one of those “negative TYPEs” for DOE-2.2/2.3.

Do I fully understand/appreciate why our expressions are now that much longer & more complex to type out?  No… No I do not… (it might take me a few more readings of that entry)... but in any case here’s a modified version for build 7173+ that looks to be in working order.  All I did was add that 4th argument and update #SI to #SIT:

if (#RV(#L("COGEN-TRACK-SCH")) == 0)
then unused
else switch(#PA("Tracking Mode"))
     case 1 : #SIT("DONT-RUN","ELEC-METER","COGEN-TRACK-MODE",#L("TYPE"))
     case 2 : #SIT ("TRACK-THERMAL","ELEC-METER","COGEN-TRACK-MODE",#L("TYPE"))
     case 3 : #SIT ("TRACK-LESSER","ELEC-METER","COGEN-TRACK-MODE",#L("TYPE"))
     case 4 : #SIT("TRACK-GREATER","ELEC-METER","COGEN-TRACK-MODE",#L("TYPE"))
     case 5 : #SIT("MAX-OUTPUT","ELEC-METER","COGEN-TRACK-MODE",#L("TYPE"))
     default : #SIT("TRACK-ELEC","ELEC-METER","COGEN-TRACK-MODE",#L("TYPE"))
     endswitch
endif

~Nick
[cid:image001.png at 01D2C009.5D02D0F0]