[Equest-users] Samsung VRF System

Morteza Kasmai via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Mon Apr 10 07:55:52 PDT 2017

David,

Thank you so much for your guidance. This project is a mid-rise residential
building with total off 66 units and retail space in the ground floor. In
addition to the VRF systems, the mechanical systems contain a RTU that
provides fresh air of the units, and corridors, VAVS for the retail section
and many UHTs in heated only spaces. I am using eQUEST 3.65 build 7173 so I
employed DOE-2.3 for this project and selected VRF-HP-Resys performance
curves for the VRF units. After resolving the associated errors due to the
change of DOE version, the simulation was complete without errors but with
too many cautions on “Convergence failure: 30 DayCLs”. In addition, BEPU
and BEPU reports were blank, showing no results for the simulation. I have
tried several times but the simulation reports were the same. Therefore, I
decided to go back to DOE-2.2 but use the related performance curves of the
condensing units within the DOE-2.3 library for the VRF systems. This time
the simulation results were very close to the one that I got when I used
Daikin performance curves for VRF units.

Please let my know if this approach is correct. In addition, per guidelines
provided by Daikin, I select PSZ units for VRF systems. Now that I use
performance curves that are provided for “Residential System”, should I
change the system type to “Residential System” as well?

Thank you for your time,
Morteza