[Equest-users] Very Interesting Discovery

Paul Diglio via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Fri Apr 14 09:39:06 PDT 2017

I was working on an old model I last simulated in 2011.  I had 220 unmet heating hours, no unmet cooling hours and a total utility cost of $137,742 with a TMY2 file for Hartford CT.
I changed the weather file to TMY3 Hartford Bradley International Airport and the unmet heating hours dropped to 44, no unmet cooling hours and a total utility cost of $137,301.
To make it more interesting, I changed the simulation year to 2016 and the unmet heating hours climbed up to 88, no unmet cooling and a total utility cost of $249,081. Changed it to 2017, the unmet hours stayed the same and the cost increased slightly to $249,190.  The annual energy escalation rate is at the 5% default.
Any ideas?

Paul Diglio87 Fairmont Avenue
New Haven, CT 06513