[Equest-users] Modeling Reverse Acting TStat EF

Chris Jones via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Mon Oct 17 07:56:23 PDT 2016

I have modeled this situation using a PSZ system with the supply flow the same as the exhaust flow. The fan schedule is always off with night cycle on any. Cooling is always available but no cooling capacity. The fan power is equal to the exhaust fan power. The minimum OA fraction is 1.

The only issue is that the system won’t cycle on for cooling unless there is a realistic cooling load in the space. That is the trickiest part to figure out.

Christopher Jones, P. Eng.
Rowan Williams Davies & Irwin Inc.
Consulting Engineers & Scientists
901 King Street West, Suite 400, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3H5