[Equest-users] exterior surface and parking garage lighting

Beran Gurtekin Celik via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Tue Oct 11 06:25:07 PDT 2016

Dear all,

I hope I can get a quick answer for this simple question even though it
puzzled me. I modeled a LEED building which has a separate parking garage
and also surface parking. I have modeled the exterior lighting load for
those two parking areas as a direct load exterior usage end use option. The
comment I am getting from the reviewer is as follows.
"With regards to the parking garage lighting, this end use should be
modeled and reported separately from the exterior lighting end use. The
Baseline lighting power density should reflect the Parking Garage values
from either Table 9.5.1 or 9.6.1, as applicable. Table 1.4 should include
the input information as modeled. In the form, parking garage lighting may
be included under the interior lighting end use, provided Table 1.4 clearly
states the values modeled for the Baseline and Proposed Case. Since the
garage lighting schedule is typically different from the remainder of the
project, it is often easier to model garage lighting as a separate end use
so that the equivalent full load hours for interior lighting are not skewed
from the inclusion of a different lighting schedule."
Even if I separate the garage lighting from surface lighting and include it
in the interior direct load as exterior usage, the consumption breakage
still has one exterior usage and the two consumption numbers are added and
reported as one exterior usage number. My question is how I can manage to
report their consumption in two separate categories.

Thank you!

Beran Gurtekin-Celik, Ph.D.

Building Intelligence Group LLC
(716) 573-4431