[Equest-users] Spandrel Modeling

Jones, Christopher via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Tue Jun 28 04:41:27 PDT 2016

Spandrel panels are exterior opaque walls, not glazing. SC and VT do not get set for opaque walls. You can building your spandrel using layer-by-layer or by simply specifying an R-value. A typical spandrel panel with 4” of semi-rigid insulation realizes about R-6 depending on the ratio of spandrel to framing.

[cid:image003.png at 01D09C46.E75BA0D0]
Christopher Jones, P.Eng.
Senior Engineer

WSP Canada Inc.