[Equest-users] Boiler Fuel Type / Hot Water Pipe Properties

David Berty via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Tue Jun 7 07:03:18 PDT 2016

I don't personally know the answer to your question on the fuel source coal
vs. natural gas.

Regarding the 2nd question on simulation of piping pressure and thermal
losses; these modelling software programs do not model these energy losses.
They don't "care" where your central utility plant is physically located in
relation to your load. They make the assumption that you have properly
sized pipelines, insulation etc. EQuest is only attempting to estimate the
fuel consumption of meeting the building's heating and cooling load, not
assess the pipe sizing and insulation condition.

David Berty, P.E.
Baseline Energy Consulting
317.220.9272