[Equest-users] How to do LPD calculations in eQUEST

Sharad Kumar via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Sat Jun 18 08:06:59 PDT 2016

Dear equest users,

Today morning after doing the LPD calculation in excel i discovered
something that is LPD calculation in eQUEST 3.65 which can be new for few
or many people.

This can be implemented when one know the Lighting power of the fixture and
number of fixtures.

There is a very innocent way to do it that is we can multiply the number of
fixtures and lighting power in calculator and then input the lighting load
in kW in the internal load where there is space for lighting power.

Then we can come up with the lighting power density in the corner space of
the same window.

After this one can remove the lighting loads in kW and put in watts per
square feet that is the lighting power density.

I will have the snapshot of the same dialogue.

[image: Inline image 1]

[image: Inline image 2]

We can come up with the above snapshot that the 0.012 kW results in 0.044
watts per square feet of LPD which can be treated as LPD calculation by me.
The actual area in the model calculates it.

Thanks,

Sharad.Kumar|Engineer.

Green Horizon Consulting LLP.

Gurgaon.