[Equest-users] Curtain wall system - how to model baseline?

Nathan Miller via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Thu Jul 28 08:53:44 PDT 2016

Would there really be no opaque portions (aka spandrel) of the curtain wall? At the very least I’d expect you’d have about a 1’ high slab-edge-bypass opaque section.

Our curtainwall projects (resi and office) typically have 40-50% vision glazing, and the rest is opaque, and gets modeled as a wall with calculated U-factor depending on the spandrel + inboard insulation configuration.

Nathan Miller, PE, LEED AP BD+C – Mechanical Engineer/Senior Energy Analyst
RUSHING | D 206-788-4577 | O 206-285-7100
www.rushingco.com<http://www.rushingco.com/>