[Equest-users] How do you think about the no electricity Eco-Coolers from Bangladesh

Chris Jones via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Jul 20 05:28:58 PDT 2016

My observations are that the air does heat up when compressed then cooled when it decompresses. For example, if you have a large take of compressed air used to fill a small tank, the small tank heats up as it is filled and the large tank cools off as it does the filling of the small tank.

That would lead me to believe that, in the end, the air would be roughly the same temperature after it went through the compression then decompression as it traveled through the bottles from outside to inside. The bottles might absorb some of the heat from the compressed air and then you would have a wall that is warmer than room. In the end, I don’t believe there would be much change in temperature in the room.

Christopher Jones, P. Eng.
Rowan Williams Davies & Irwin Inc.
Consulting Engineers & Scientists
901 King Street West, Suite 400, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 3H5