[Equest-users] eQUEST 3.65 v7173 (April 2016) - fixesand improvements?

via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Thu Jul 7 09:58:43 PDT 2016

Speaking to the D2SimViewer differences between 3.64 / 3.65… Note you can actually use either version on the same project SIM output without affecting anything a negative way.  This can also serve as an option to troubleshoot your eQuest version installation if formatting goes wonky.

If 3.65’s D2SimViewer (v2.03 at my machine) ever gives you major headaches you can always open with 3.64’s version (v1.04).  I guess generally I’ve gotten over the differences, but I do sincerely miss the “page by page” view for scrolling (in Microsoft Word I think it would be coined “Print Layout” view).  In contrast, it kinda sucks how the reports all blend together in the more recent versions – can make it hard to see where short reports in succession stop/start.  On the other hand, I do appreciate the addition of the “what reports do you want to print” dialog, which in combination with a PDF printer can make for much easier selective documentation.  Maybe future versions will make the default “view” a selectable preference/option.

I am planning to make the upgrade to the most-current version of 3.65 in the next week actually (finally finding a major lull between large projects under active development), but will probably continue keeping 3.63 / 3.64 and the previous version of 3.65 installed to be safe =).  Thanks to Bill for documenting those instructions for multiple installs within 3.65!

~Nick

Nick Caton, P.E.

  Senior Energy Engineer
  Energy and Sustainability Services