[Equest-users] DOE 2.3 Water-side Economizer in Series

David Griffin II via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Thu Jul 7 09:50:05 PDT 2016

I'm working on a model which has two chillers in parallel with a water-side economizer in series to both of them; i.e. the economizer is 'upstream' and the chillers are 'downstream.'

I know DOE 2.2 will not allow this configuration to be explicitly modeled, but after some research, it appeared DOE 2.3 would (see page 83 of DOE 2.3 Manual).

When I get things setup (CHW Loop in SERIES, Chillers in DOWNSTREAM) the keyword to place the economizer UPSTREAM is unavailable, and the run errors out with "No upstream equipment specified."

I have attached the INP and PD2 file for reference. You may find it interesting in this model that I have more than one system assigned to a single zone (Thanks for adding this eQUEST team!).

Am I being overly optimistic about what DOE 2.3 can do, or am I missing something? Has anyone else tried to model this in DOE 2.3 and been successful?

Let me know.

Thanks,

[ARCH | NEXUS]<http://www.archnexus.com>
DAVID W. GRIFFIN II
BEMP
ENERGY ANALYST
2505 E Parleys Way
Salt Lake City, UT 84109
Office 801.924.5028
archnexus.com<http://www.archnexus.com>
[Twitter]<https://twitter.com/arch_nexus>[Facebook]<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Architectural-Nexus/179588705397563?ref=ts&fref=ts>[Youtube]<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYRPWKF-yp-AUiI8ia2XfKw?feature=mhee>[LinkedIn]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/architectural-nexus>