[Equest-users] *****SPAM***** Re: Repost - how to simulate a revolving door

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Thu Feb 25 16:50:35 PST 2016

It seems to me there are two distinctly different sources of "infiltration" through a
revolving door -
(1) leakage through the cracks and imperfect seals
(2) bulk air exchange when the door is used and acts like a piston bringing in
Pi*(r2/4)*ht  volume of outdoor air and exhausting the same of indoor air.

The relative importance of the 2 depends entirely on how much the revolving door is being
used.
It might be interesting to do some back-of-the-envelope calculations to see.

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 205A