[Equest-users] Repost - how to simulate a revolving door

zhouzarah zarahzhou at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 24 17:11:59 PST 2016

Thanks a lot, Julien! Now it seems to be much simpler with the breakdown method. I appreciate your help!

From: julien.marrec at gmail.com
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 14:26:23 +0100
Subject: Re: [Equest-users] Repost - how to simulate a revolving door
To: zarahzhou at hotmail.com
CC: equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org

Zarah,

If you break it down, here's what a door is:
- Thermal losses through the glass and frame: for that you define a Uvalue for the door
- Infiltration when the door is closed
- Added Infiltration when the door is open

In your case, you could model added infiltration (schedule multiplier) for the 30min shift change.

Best,
Julien

--
Julien Marrec, EBCP, BPI MFBA
Energy&Sustainability Engineer

LinkedIn (en) : www.linkedin.com/in/julienmarrec
LinkedIn (fr) : www.linkedin.com/in/julienmarrec/fr

Dear eQuesters,
Sorry for the repost! I do need your help about this due to time limit. If any one can give a hint, I really appreciate that!

My client requires to do a thermal simulation for a two-story atrium/staircase to check if the cooling system is required for it. The atrium has a revolving door, which revolves once every 30 minutes, and the swing door opens for 30 minutes every 8 hours for shift change. My question is how to simulate the revolving door and swing door in eQuest? I noticed that ASHRAE 90.1-2010 mentioned the infiltration from these two types of doors is 1.0 cfm/ft2 tested at a pressure of at least 1.57 pounds per square foot (psf), but I do not quite understand what this means and how to use this number in my model. If any one has an idea, please give the comments. Thank you so much!Best regards,Zarah