[Equest-users] Heat Recovery Chiller

Brian Fountain bfountain at greensim.com
Tue Feb 9 08:03:50 PST 2016

I can think of options but none of them are stellar:

1) make your reheat loop a separate primary loop -- this is good in that
you can model heat recovery more closely.  The temperature in this
reheat loop will typically be lower allowing for good pick up from the
chiller condenser.  However, you will now have to split your boilers
onto the two loops and create a part load curve for them that you feel
correctly reflects the gas input at varying loads (non-trivial).

2) Artificially drop the temperature of your steam primary loop to get
more heat recovery from the chillers.  You will have to watch your pump
flows but, unless you are modelling pipe losses the impact should be
small I think.