[Equest-users] Space internal energy SOURCE-TYPE = HOT-WATER not right

Bishop, Bill bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Fri Feb 19 17:06:20 PST 2016

Internal loads can be modeled at the Internal Energy Sources section of the Space -> Equipment tab.
It seems that using SOURCE-TYPE = HOT-WATER does not do what it is supposed to do. Per DOE-2 help, "this load will be reported as a domestic hot water load".
However, the HOT-WATER load I enter does not show up as increased energy for any of my hot water or DHW loops. This is especially clear when you set the SENSIBLE and LATENT ratios to zero, so that the influence on space heating and cooling is removed. When you specify SOURCE-TYPE = ELECTRIC or GAS, the load shows up as MISC EQUIP energy.

I should probably go home now. Thanks!
~Bill

[A review of the novel Jack Nicholson writes in The Shining]
William Bishop, PE, BEMP, BEAP, CEM, LEED AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects LLP
Senior Energy Engineer

[cid:image009.jpg at 01D16B50.FE316220]  [cid:image010.jpg at 01D16B50.FE316220]

134 South Fitzhugh Street                 Rochester, NY 14608

T: (585) 698-1956                        F: (585) 325-6005

bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com<mailto:wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com>             www.pathfinder-ea.com<http://www.pathfinder-ea.com/>

[http://png-5.findicons.com/files/icons/977/rrze/720/globe.png]Carbon Fee and Dividend - simple, effective, and market-based.