[Equest-users] Weird error by DOE2.2

Frédéric Genest fgenest_ing at bell.net
Sun Feb 7 09:07:30 PST 2016

Hello group.

I see to have a weird problem with my DOE2.2, and I can't find de way to
solve it.

Out of the blue, DOE2.2 started to print the following "format dump header"
(or a similar one) on (almost) each report page (LV or LS, PV or PS, SV or
SS). Below is a sample from the BEPS report.

***************************************
REPORT- BEPS Building Energy Performance
WEATHER FILE- Montreal Internation
PRT3 failure @ 88010,  IOSTAT: 62  Report: 34  Format:  1  Iuniq:  837
Kommnd: 1  Nwrit: 80
Format Dump:
(/

'                          TASK     MISC    SPACE    SPACE     HEAT
PUMPS',
'     VENT    REFRIG  HT PUMP   DOMEST    EXT'/

'                LIGHTS   LIGHTS   EQUIP   HEATING  COOLING   REJECT   &
AUX',
'     FANS   DISPLAY  SUPPLEM  HOT WTR   USAGE    TOTAL'/

'               -------  -------  -------  -------  -------  -------
-------',
'  -------  -------  -------  -------  -------  --------')

EM1  ELECTRICITY
    MBTU        327.2      0.0    321.0    625.9    420.6     36.5    232.9
556.2      0.0      0.0      0.0    129.9    2650.1

FM1  NATURAL-GAS
    MBTU          0.0      0.0      0.0    559.9      0.0      0.0      0.0
0.0      0.0      0.0    283.5      0.0     843.4
PRT3 failure @ 88006,  IOSTAT: 62  Report: 34  Format:  3  Iuniq:  837
Kommnd: 1  Nwrit: 15
Format Dump:
('               =======  =======  =======  =======  =======  =======
=======',
'  =======  =======  =======  =======  =======  ========'//

  5x, 2A4,           -6P 12F9.1,F10.1)

                   TOTAL SITE ENERGY      3493.54 MBTU     45.8 KBTU/SQFT-YR
GROSS-AREA     45.8 KBTU/SQFT-YR NET-AREA
                   TOTAL SOURCE ENERGY    8793.82 MBTU    115.2 KBTU/SQFT-YR
GROSS-AREA    115.2 KBTU/SQFT-YR NET-AREA

                   PERCENT OF HOURS ANY SYSTEM ZONE OUTSIDE OF THROTTLING
RANGE =  1.62
                   PERCENT OF HOURS ANY PLANT LOAD NOT SATISFIED
=  0.00
                   HOURS ANY ZONE ABOVE COOLING THROTTLING RANGE
=    81
                   HOURS ANY ZONE BELOW HEATING THROTTLING RANGE
=    61

                   NOTE:  ENERGY IS APPORTIONED HOURLY TO ALL END-USE
CATEGORIES.

***************************************

It doesn't seem to be related to the warnings / errors / "curve out of
bounds" warnings / etc. I may get when running a model.

At first, I thought it was because I was having problem with my new model
definition (something wrong with some parameters). But I have this "format
dump" header even with other models which were printing out correctly a few
days ago.

I uninstalled eQUEST and tried with another version of the software,
thinking I might have a corrupted installation; no change.
I tried with a different version of eQUEST; no change.

Any ideas? It's making reading the reports difficult, but I fear more it may
be hiding something more serious.

Regards,

Frédéric Genest, ing.