[Equest-users] Thermal blocks in eQuest

Veronica Ochoa veronica.ochoa at hurleypalmerflatt.com
Fri Feb 5 01:37:13 PST 2016

Hi eQuesters,

I found an old thread that said that multiple zones in eQuest could not be "grouped" under one system (PSZ- Sys4) and be considered one thermal block. Is this regardless of whether the zones are identical/ have the same uses? Where is this in the manuals?

My LEED reviewer has mentioned (several times) that I need to have individual systems for each of the zones below (as I am using Sys4), however I've assumed these zones as a thermal block under Table G3.1 #7 (they are all plant rooms w/o glazing) and I'm still getting the same comments... 90.1's definition of thermal block says they do not need to be contiguous in order to make a thermal block so I did not think there would be a problem in assuming these zones as a thermal block.

Any thoughts on this?

Many thanks in advance,

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D15FF8.C9A72E80]

Hurley Palmer Flatt