[Equest-users] HVAC description - HVAC Summary file

Nicholas Caton via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Thu Dec 8 07:51:31 PST 2016

This is a deeper rabbit hole… but also eQUEST.INI [preferences] is also the place to go if you want to explore/enable eQUEST’s “hidden” batch run functionality.

EnableBatchProcessing=1

For further reading / learning, I suggest (in order):

·         Kevin Madison gave a lengthy but informative presentation for a Seattle IBPSA chapter meeting on the topic * :  http://groupspaces.com/IBPSASeattle/pages/past-presentaions

·         RMI Model Manager<http://www.rmi.org/ModelingTools> builds upon the “baked in” batch run functionality.
There are a few related queries in unmethours.com and projects in github if you are looking to accomplish batch simulations more simply via scripted doe2 runs, which can execute much faster than simulating through the eQUEST interface.

~Nick

* A caution:  The audio recording of that meeting unfortunately doesn’t capture the Q&A & back/forth nature of the discussion very well – don’t play with your volume dial too much or you’ll hurt your ears!

~Nick

[cid:image001.png at 01D25135.7432AB80]
Nick Caton, P.E., BEMP
  Senior Energy Engineer