[Equest-users] Errors when modeling a Loop-to-Loop Heat Pump

fallon walters via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Wed Dec 7 06:05:40 PST 2016

Hi everyone,

I am trying to model a Series Fan-Powered VAV with HW Reheat through a Water to Water Heat Pump System.  We have 4 water to water heat pumps from a lake/well loop.  The heat pumps are serving 3 air handling units and then a VAV system serving the rooms.

When modeling this design I have a I am using both chilled water and hot water coils.  When modeling a chiller in the Wizard Mode, it does not let me model type as Heat Pump or Loop-to-Loop Heat Pump.  I then change the type in the Detailed Mode to a Loop-to-Loop Heat Pump, using a default Chilled Water Loop, default Hot Water Loop, and a Lake/Well Condensing Loop.   I keep coming up with several different errors.  My main error is that my condenser Loop (lake/well) does not have a primary heating source.  I have read online that a ground source heat exchanger need to be attached but I do not know how to add this heat exchanger and attach it to this loop.

Am I modeling this correctly?

Thanks, Fallon