[Equest-users] Min Allowable Supply Air Flow

Bishop, Bill via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Thu Aug 25 06:03:41 PDT 2016

Darryl,
There is no zone keyword for minimum ACH. But you can enter the zone design ACH (ZONE:AIR-CHANGES/HR) and set the minimum air changes as a percentage of this using ZONE:MIN-FLOW-RATIO. You can write a keyword expression that enters and calculates this based on other zone inputs if you wanted to. For example, the expression below modifies the default DOE-2 expression for MIN-FLOW-RATIO, adding a calculation step based on the zone input for AIR-CHANGES/HR. The sample calculation assumes you want a minimum ACH of 3, and calculates the MIN-FLOW-RATIO for any zones for which you enter a design ACH rate of 3 or more.
if (#P("MIN-CFM-RATIO") == unused)
    then unused
    else switch #SV(#P("TYPE"))
    case  2 : unused
    case 17 : unused
    case 19 : unused
    case 26 : unused
    case 27 : unused
    case 28 : unused
    case 29 : unused
    default : if (#RV(#P("MIN-CFM-RATIO")) == 0)
              then #P("MIN-CFM-RATIO")
              else if (#RV(#L("AIR-CHANGES/HR")) == 0
                .AND. #L("AIR-CHANGES/HR") >= 3) then
                3/#L("AIR-CHANGES/HR") else no_default endif
              endif
    endswitch
   endif

Regards,
~Bill

William Bishop, PE, BEMP, BEAP, CEM, LEED AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects LLP
Senior Energy Engineer

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D1FEAF.932E1DE0]  [cid:image004.jpg at 01D1FEAF.932E1DE0]

134 South Fitzhugh Street                 Rochester, NY 14608

T: (585) 698-1956                        F: (585) 325-6005

bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com<mailto:wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com>             www.pathfinder-ea.com<http://www.pathfinder-ea.com/>

[http://png-5.findicons.com/files/icons/977/rrze/720/globe.png]Carbon Fee and Dividend - simple, effective, and market-based.