[Equest-users] Calculation of Average efficiency in case of central chiller plant serving to both phase of building

Vishal Jagdale via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Thu Aug 25 06:57:09 PDT 2016

*Hi,*

Our working project has One (1) central chiller plant (4 nos. of chiller +
4 nos. primary & secondary pump + 4 Cooling Tower) which is serving to the
both phase 1 & phase 2 area…whereas currently we are working on the phase2
model.

Hence our question is-*What capacity & efficiency to be consider for
modelling phase2 chillers, pump & cooling tower in E-quest?*

As per the USGBC guidelines for the *treatment of district cooling*, we
need to calculate average efficiency. So can anyone guide us on *how to
calculate the average efficiency? *

However the same guidelines suggest to consider the *default efficiencies*
in case of unavailability of average efficiency.it says COP of 4.4 for the
total cooling plant average efficiency (including cooling towers & primary
pumps).*Can anyone guide us on how to take it (default efficiency) into
account for all the system while modelling in Equest?*

*Regards,*

*Vishal*