[Equest-users] Boiler temperature for hybrid geothermal heat pump system

Sharad Kumar via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Tue Aug 9 02:42:11 PDT 2016

Hi Siliang,

I think that i was right in the discussion.

The boiler set-point should be lower than the heating ground water steam
exchanger.

See the following cases:

1. The boiler set-point can be higher than the ground steam water heat
exchanger if you apply some extra heat or fuel and you apply more than one
fuel then it can be a hybrid boiler. So electricity can be the fuel to
enhance the heat.

2. If the boiler is of less size then there can not be any scope to
increase the set-point of the boiler as there can not be any extra heat
added to the boiler as it is only again a heat exchanger.

The temperature that the 360 or 370 °F i am talking about is the steam
coming out of the earth crust.

*Thanks,*
Sharad.