[Equest-users] *****SPAM***** weather file for Guntur, Andhrapradesh.

Joe Huang via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Sun Apr 17 11:38:02 PDT 2016

Just curious how you determined there is no available weather file for your location?

There is an ASHRAE IWEC2 weather file for Machilipatnam located 78 kilometers to the
southeast (WMO 431850). If you want something even closer, there are 7 years of historical
weather station reports for Vijayawada-Gannava (WMO 431810), 38 kilometers to the east,
from which a "typical year" weather file can be created.

IWEC2 (International Weather for Energy Calculations) weather files were developed in a
4-year ASHRAE project utilizing actual weather reports from thousands of stations
throughout the world going back 25 years, and covers locations outside of the United
States and Canada. The entire set of 3,012 IWEC2 weather files is available on a DVD from
ASHRAE (see www.techstreet.com/ashrae/products/1823067).

Individual IWEC2 weather files are available online from White Box Technologies, Inc. in
various formats (BINM for DOE-2, EPW for EnergyPlus, etc.), as well as country sets or
even the entire IWEC2 collection. For a complete list of all IWEC2 stations, see
www.whiteboxtechnologies.com/IWEC2_locations.txt. For details on online access to IWEC2
weather files, see http://weather.whiteboxtechnologies.com.

For custom "typical year" weather files,  please contact me for details and pricing.

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 205A