[Equest-users] Hot water use (gal/person/day) in residencesin eQuest 3.65

Nathan Miller via Equest-users equest-users at lists.onebuilding.org
Mon Apr 25 08:40:06 PDT 2016

Also an anecdotal follow up:

The ESMFRH guidelines assume that low-income housing developments will use more domestic hot water:
[cid:image002.png at 01D19EE7.01923C90]

However, on a SINGLE (emphasize single)  housing authority project I worked on, where we had a contract to follow up/calibrate our energy model 1 year after construction, we had real metered water data and found out that the occupants were actually using only about 12.5 gal/occ/day. They had low-flow fixtures plumbing fixtures, but it still was about half of the value we estimated at the time of modeling.

Take from that what you will…

Nathan Miller, PE, LEED AP BD+C – Mechanical Engineer/Senior Energy Analyst
RUSHING | D 206-788-4577 | O 206-285-7100
www.rushingco.com<http://www.rushingco.com/>