[Equest-users] Condensing boiler curve issues

Erik Kolderup erik at kolderupconsulting.com
Tue Sep 22 13:13:16 PDT 2015

One thing to keep in mind is that the value for efficiency in eQUEST is
HIR, which is the reciprocal of efficiency. In other words, higher HIR is
worse that lower HIR. Is that what you are seeing?

Another thing you might be seeing is the that value provided by these
curves includes PLR. So at 50% load, the curve value is 0.5 for a boiler
with no part-load degradation.

I've examined the default curves in the past and found they performed
correctly, i.e. in the right direction.

-Erik

*Erik Kolderup, PE, LEED AP*
erik at kolderupconsulting.com | 415.531.5198 | www.kolderupconsulting.com