[Equest-users] Modeling HVAC system with FCU & Radiators

Vishal Jagdale jagdalevishal07 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 03:47:06 PDT 2015

Hi,

I have a query regarding model a HVAC system for one of my project. The
HVAC system is a heat pump with FCU units (Daikin Altherma) . My queries
are listed below:

·         I am modeling the air side system as PSZ since the FCU unit
cannot work out in eQuest in combination with DX unit. Is there any other
option which I can adopt?

·         Secondly, during cooling requirement the FCUs will be serving the
entire space. But during heating the FCU will only provide the outside air
to the rooms and the heating requirement will be met through radiators. Can
anybody help me to model such a system? I have tried considering the zone
heat source as electric resistance heating but still when I look at the
outputs, the requirement is met through the air side unit.

Kindly guide me on how to model the above mentioned system in eQuest .

Thanks & Regards,

Vishal