[Equest-users] Correct Baseline System for Addition

Cam Fitzgerald cam at energyopportunities.com
Thu Oct 8 04:44:58 PDT 2015

Good morning, Steve,

It doesn't look like anyone took the time to answer your question. It isn't
as grey as you might think. Table G3.1#2 addresses the conditions that must
be met to allow the addition to be modeled without the remainder of the
building. If all these conditions are met, it is reasonable to use only the
addition area to determine the Baseline system type. If the addition systems
are not distinctly separated from the existing building systems, it is
likely that the entire building would need to be modeled (all the listed
conditions would not be met), in which case the total building area
including the existing must be used to determine the Baseline system type.

Hope this helps. Have a great day!

Cam Fitzgerald

Energy Opportunities/a 7group company