[Equest-users] PIU system central heat coil ouput

Knudson, Russell rknudson at heery.com
Mon Oct 26 14:06:00 PDT 2015

All,

I see similar behavior. Without a heating coil installed, I see heat coil outputs sporadic and interspersed between hours with cooling coil outputs, but never for two or more hours in a row. Taking the before coil and after coil air temperatures, I can confirm that the heat rate values jive. The best I can figure, in the intermittent hours where cooling is not needed (DX in my case), the return air temp is warming the air within the SYSTEM. Feeling shaky on that theory though. Thoughts?

Russell Knudson EIT
desk:404.946.2158 | HEERY

Hi Erik,

Yes, I should have mentioned that I tried that too.  That is typically

what I do, but I thought perhaps defining a heat source with a small

amount of capacity would be a reasonable way to alleviate the "free"

heat energy I appear to be getting...

Attached is a quick and dirty wizard model that illustrates the issue

(you will need to download .bin file or change to something

comparable).  This is representative of the configuration I was going

for except air-cooled DX.

David