[Equest-users] eQuest heat pump performance curves

Bishop, Bill bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Tue Nov 17 07:03:18 PST 2015

Fernando,
The curves look okay to me. I plotted them out for a range of hot water temperatures from 90F to 130F.

-        I plotted the “…39+” curve for the range of entering dry bulb from 40F to 60F.

-        I plotted the ”…39-“ curve for the range of Edb from 20F to 38F.

-        Both curves show decreasing capacity as the heat pump chiller makes hotter water, which makes sense.

-        Both curves show decreasing capacity with lower outside air condenser temperatures, which makes sense.

-        The “…39-“ curve shows rapidly decreasing capacity with decreasing condenser temperature below 39F, which makes sense since larger portions of the chiller heat pump heat is needed to defrost the condenser coils.

-        I’m guessing that the curves are normalized to 110F HWT and 44F Edb.
I can share an Excel file I used to generate the curves and chart if anybody wants it.
~Bill

[cid:image001.png at 01D1211F.2E537820]

William Bishop, PE, BEMP, BEAP, CEM, LEED AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects LLP
Senior Energy Engineer

[cid:image010.jpg at 01D1211F.2E537820]  [cid:image011.jpg at 01D1211F.2E537820]

134 South Fitzhugh Street                 Rochester, NY 14608

T: (585) 698-1956                        F: (585) 325-6005

bbishop at pathfinder-ea.com<mailto:wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com>             www.pathfinder-ea.com<http://www.pathfinder-ea.com/>

[http://png-5.findicons.com/files/icons/977/rrze/720/globe.png]Carbon Fee and Dividend - simple, effective, and market-based.