[Equest-users] Team eQUEST: Lowdown Showdown Report

Joe Huang yjhuang at whiteboxtechnologies.com
Wed Nov 11 20:38:57 PST 2015

My experiences with doing large numbers of DOE-2 parametrics are
similar.  As an old geezer, I have always (and continue to) run DOE-2
using batch scripts. When I got a quad-core desktop computer 5 years
ago, I would simply open up 4 command prompt windows and then dump a
batch of DOE-2 runs in each.  For the simple residential model I was
using, a single DOE-2 run, including postprocessing using awk scripts,
would take less than a second, so I could get 5-6 runs done every
second.  That allowed me to build a data base of 400,000 runs for window
films, that being the project goal, in a little over 24 hours.

Joe

Joe Huang
White Box Technologies, Inc.
346 Rheem Blvd., Suite 205A