[Equest-users] Team eQUEST: Lowdown Showdown Report

Lapierre, Patrick plapierre at bpa.ca
Wed Nov 11 05:35:03 PST 2015

Congratulations on the award and a very impressive work!

I’m amazed by the results of your mutli-variable optimization algorithms. I wouldn’t have thought that doing so would improve the optimization effort by 20%, in comparison to a standard optimization process. I’m also intrigued in how you could achieve 60 000 runs overnight on a single PC. Did you use parametric runs in eQUEST or you worked directly via DOE-2? I’m not quite familiar with programing parametric runs or the like directly in DOE-2 so I’m not sure how you di dit but would sure like to know how.

Thanks for sharing the results of your experience, it sure looked like one amazing project.

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D11C5B.263FC490]

Patrick Lapierre_ing.
plapierre at bpa.ca