[Equest-users] LED lighting

Sharad Kumar sharadcapricious at gmail.com
Fri Nov 6 10:39:37 PST 2015

Hi Fakeha,

Modeling LED is similar to modeling CFL ,fluorescent or incandescent bulb.
Just you have to calculate the LPD (Lighting power density) in w/ sq. feet
and input it into eQUEST.

For computing LPD one need to count the number of fixture in space, wattage
of fixtures and we have to know the space area. The formula for any space
for LPD calculations can be LPD ( W/sq. ft.)= wattage of fixture X number
of individual fixture X space area in which that fixture is. If there are
multi type of fixture then calculate the total wattage and divide by area
to know LPD.

Then we need to input that LPD in the interior load tab in w/sq. ft. That
w/sq. feet will be multiplied with the sensible and latent heat ratio to
know the cooling load and heating load of that space.

Thanks,
Sharad.Kumar.
Green Horizon Consulting LLP
Gurgaon