[Equest-users] VRF performance curve

Nathan Miller nathanm at rushingco.com
Wed May 27 06:04:30 PDT 2015

When I have modeled VRF systems I have always used the PVVT system type in eQUEST as recommended in this presentation: http://energytrust.org/library/bsug-files/modeling_real_performance_of_vrf_systems_kc-05.15.13.pdf

Using the efficiencies and the curves for the VRF system will get you pretty close, but if you want to account for heat-recovery within the system (one terminal unit in cooling while another is in heating), you will have to do some post-processing calculations.

Nathan Miller, PE, LEED AP BD+C – Mechanical Engineer/Senior Energy Analyst
RUSHING | D 206-788-4577 | O 206-285-7100
www.rushingco.com<http://www.rushingco.com/>