[Equest-users] The problem of minimum equipment efficiency requirement of Ashrae 90.1-2007

赵永青 503271081 at qq.com
Sun May 24 02:27:59 PDT 2015

I get the energy model comments from LEED reviewer as following:

The narrative response indicates that the Baseline boiler has been modeled utilizing operating performance curves and a boiler HIR of 1.25. However, since the boiler operation HIR is based on the performance curves, the HIR is less than 1.25 in the part-load condition, which is inappropriate. Revise the Baseline boilers to include a flat efficiency of 80% for all part-loads. Provide eQuest input files or screen shots verifying the boiler efficiency has been modeled as required.

However, I can not understand it very much. The minimum equipment efficiency requirement(80 % Et) of Ashrae 90.1-2007 should be base on full load condition.Why the LEED reviewer raise such a question?Any insight is appreciate!!

Thanks
 Yongqing Zhao
 Changsha Green Building & Energy Saving Technology CO.,LTD
NO.438,Shaoshan Road,Changsha,Hunan,China
Telephone:13574805636
 Email:zhaoyongqing1987 at 126.com
          503271081 at qq.com