[Equest-users] In-duct heating coils

Omar ElRawy omaroelrawy at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 08:23:36 PDT 2015

Dear all,
             I have a std VAV system with electric reheat, where we did add
electric heating coils inside the ducts for some zones.

While modelling this case on eQuest; at system level; I did enter the "Heat
Source" as " Not Installed", and the "Zone Heat Source" as "Electric". At
Zone level, I did define a temperature schedule for heated zones. Zones
with no coils were defined as zero "Maximum Heating Rate", and Undefined
schedule.

What I did find in the SV-A report is that; zones with zero max heating
rate still report Heating Capacity, Another problem is that I can't yet
define heating capacity limit to heated zones.

I tried defining electric baseboard heating instead, with equivalent
capacities to my installed coils, but my savings were reported to be very
exaggerated.

Any help on an appropriate method to modelling this case would be
appreciated.

Regards,

*Omar ElRawy, LEED AP BD+C*
LEED Project Manager