[Equest-users] Interior Walls show up as Exterior Walls

Daniel Caporizzo DanielMC at BVHis.com
Wed Jul 15 10:09:08 PDT 2015

Hi everyone,

I am working on an energy model for an office building (see attached pd2 and inp files), in eQuest v3.65.

My problem is that when I create the shells and zones, all of the walls touching adjacent shells/zones show up as exterior walls instead of interior walls.

This is a particular problem on all of the "1F" shells in the model, which should have interior walls when the shells connect. I am using the default zones right now while the architect works on updating the room layout. I don't know if it is just a setting I have unchecked but in the past this has only been an isolated problem (i.e. couple of walls for the whole job) rather than the entire project. I am still in the Wizard Data Edit mode phase of the model, and even though I can fix this manually in Detailed Edit Mode (by creating interior walls in the same location) I'd like to fix it in the wizard...which will definitely save me time in the long run.

Has anyone had this problem before?

Thanks,
Dan