[Equest-users] In case of not knowing building orientation, how we get a relatively accurate total energy consumption?

Qi Jin Qi.Jin at Colorado.EDU
Sun Dec 13 17:40:28 PST 2015

Hello Dear All,
I have a question about building orientation in eQUEST model. I don't know
building orientation and set the azimuth to be 0 as the baseline model.

The question is *in case of we don't know building orientation, how do we
get a relatively accurate total energy consumption?*

I found that someone simulated energy modeling under four building
orientations, including 0, 90, 180, and 270. Energy consumption of four
cases were averaged which was considered as the actual energy consumption.

Can anyone give me some ideas about this issue? Your help would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks,
Frank