[Equest-users] Simulation Run Help

John Aulbach jra_sac at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 6 09:56:03 PDT 2015

Hi Jill:
Someone really threw you a major effort for your first model. Good Luck !!
When I opened your model, it said that you wall in question has a negative net Area. That means you created windows/doors, etc with surface areas that exceed the wall you placed it on. Try reducing your window and door area to have an area less than the wall area. I am sure the wall will then pop up.
A few tricks I like to do when creating a model I am likely to lose direction in:
1) Make your background white.Go to the Component tree, left click on Project (all the way at the top). Go to the right tab marked "3-D View Details". Go to "Background" Color, and change to White. Close. Click on 2-D Geometry. Then try #-D Geometry. Viola !! A LOT easier to see building components.  Let there be Light !!
2) Name ALL of your Spaces in Building Shell and All of your HVAC Zones in Air Side (except Plenums). Now you will never lose your place. Walls and Windows don't need to be named, unless you have a specific architectural EEM you might be changing.
Hope this helps.
John R. Aulbach, PE