[Equest-users] Centrifugal Chiller Curves

David Eldridge DEldridge at grummanbutkus.com
Wed Apr 8 16:46:48 PDT 2015

Jordan:

You can use the equipment management to allow one virtual chiller that is the WSE to run up to a certain capacity, then stage on a single chiller, and then a virtual chiller that is equivalent to the performance of the two SCF chillers as a unit.

The chiller vendor most likely will need to provide the performance data of the two SCF chillers working together as a unit. I’m not sure you have the data necessary to construct that performance curve yourself from the standard submittals.

So to be clear, you’ll have three chillers in your model:

1.       Equivalent WSE chiller

2.       A single chiller, as designed

3.       A virtual chiller for both machines operating in series counterflow

You won’t have two single chillers as designed, eQUEST would operate these in parallel instead of in series.

David

David S. Eldridge, Jr., P.E., LEED AP BD+C, BEMP, BEAP, HBDP
Grumman/Butkus Associates