[Equest-users] Dessicant with evaporative cooling

Kathryn Kerns kathryn.kerns at bceengineers.com
Thu May 3 09:10:06 PDT 2012

I called Jeff Hirsch about this and he explained that the dehumidifier tabs have been cancelled because he believed that the results were not accurate. I suggest trying to place 2 DOAS systems in series and use heating and cooling devices to mimic the dehumidification process. Some of the devices may have  no energy consumption since their actual energy consumption is already paid for on another device. The purpose of the DOAS system is to convert outside air into air (DOAS space air) supplied to other units with the right temperature and humidity requirements and approximate how much total energy required. Hopefully the desiccant device manufacturer can give you some guidelines for energy consumption versus OSA and supply air conditions. Not the best solution, but it did, in my case, give some plausible results.