[Equest-users] primary equipment unable to meet loads conundrum

Christian Stalberg cstalberg at naturalintelligence.us
Wed Sep 7 05:09:14 PDT 2011

I have a 500K sf factory running 3 chillers (2 - 725 ton and 1-400 ton) each
with their
own cooling tower. There is a primary loop and 2 secondary loops.

My QC report is saying that my CHW loop has a total capacity to load ratio
of 0.68
with a total chiller capacity on the loop of 23 Mbtuh and a peak CHW loop
load
of 34 Mbtuh.

The QC report goes on to say that all 3 of my CW loops are running over
capacity.

I have shed loads in the model and yet it seems to have very little effect
in bringing
down the total capacity to load ratio. There are also quite a few unmet
cooling
hours. All systems appear to be running normally according to the PS-C &
PS-D
reports.

Is this a bug, a feature, or operator error ;^\. Thank you in advance!