[Equest-users] Storefront and Curtainwall

Peter Hillermann peterh at westallarchitects.com
Mon Feb 7 13:42:44 PST 2011

To All,

I'm about to answer my own question. The ASTM E283 is the maximum allowable
air infiltration for a weather tight system. The 0.06 CFM is a not to exceed
number. What the vendor will typically write is follow ASTM E283 to make
sure the system does not exceed 0.06 CFM of air infiltration. Its testing
pressure differences across the building envelope.

So the answer to my own question is 0.06 CFM is fine.

Thanks,

PETER HILLERMANN

peterh at westallarchitects.com

westall