[Equest-users] Overcooling

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Tue Apr 12 12:50:01 PDT 2011

Ben,
Yes, first thing you should do is establish a deadband between heating
and cooling (such as using 70F heating thermostat and 75F cooling). Even
70F heating, 72F cooling would perform better in the model than say, 71F
heating and cooling. If the museum really does have only one temperature
setpoint, there are probably controls that lock out cooling during
certain months of the year (or based on OA temperature), or maybe you
have a combination of heating-only and cooling-only systems with
well-established zones. One way to model the controls is to modify your
heating and cooling thermostat schedules so that cooling
months/weeks/days have a lower heating setpoint and heating periods have
a higher cooling setpoint. Another way is to use a system
COOLING-SCHEDULE.
Regards,
Bill

William Bishop, PE, BEMP, LEED(r) AP | Pathfinder Engineers & Architects
LLP
Mechanical Engineer

 134 South Fitzhugh Street                 Rochester, NY 14608
T: (585) 325-6004 Ext. 114            F: (585) 325-6005
wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com           www.pathfinder-ea.com
<http://www.pathfinder-ea.com/>
P   Sustainability - the forest AND the trees. P