[Equest-users] OA-CFM/PER?

Fleming, Joe joe.fleming at tlc-eng.com
Tue Oct 5 06:42:27 PDT 2010

We had just noticed that typo over here this week as well.  It is FLOW/PER in the .inp file.

Another question on that topic.
If you input outside air as "OUTSIDE-AIR-FLOW" for each zone, does this override DCV's ability to ratchet down the outside air rate based on occupancy schedule?
Should OA be input as people and "OA-FLOW/PER", when trying to accurately model DCV?

Sometimes when using DCV we don't see near the savings that we would expect for a South Florida climate.  And we have yet to pinpoint the outside air loads on the systems in the detailed simulation output reports.

Joe Fleming
E.I., LEED AP BD+C, BEMP
Mechanical Engineer I

TLC Engineering for Architecture