[Equest-users] loop operation controls

Bishop, Bill wbishop at pathfinder-ea.com
Fri Mar 19 05:23:49 PDT 2010

Andrew,

I believe the conservative approach, and the intent in Appendix G., is
to keep everything the same between the baseline and proposed models
unless it is specifically addressed by 90.1. I model loop operation the
same in my proposed and baseline designs. "Standby" will use
considerably more pumping energy than the other options so try to
determine how the proposed design will be operated. Dedicated heating or
cooling loops are often operated on seasonal schedules.

Regards,
Bill

William Bishop, EIT, BEMP, LEED(r) AP | Pathfinder Engineers &
Architects LLP
Mechanical Engineer

134 South Fitzhugh Street
Rochester, NY 14608