[Equest-users] end-use energy concumption puzzler

Karen Walkerman kwalkerman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 08:23:03 PDT 2010

Yes... but depending on how much energy the rest of your building is using,
it could be a problem with inputs, not the simulation engine.  eQuest's
default fan powers are not the most efficient.  Double check fan pressure
drop, fan efficiency and operating conditions.  Is the fan running all the
time, or just cycling when needed?  A caution: if mechanical ventilation is
provided, setting the fan to cycle will turn off ventilation whenever the
fan is not called on by the thermostat.  I usually create a custom fan curve
that approximates fan cycling, and then set the minimum flow rate equal to
the outdoor air fraction. (in real life, OA is usually provided by a
different system).

--
Karen