[Equest-users] Baseline Modeling

Paul Buchheit paul.buchheit at eesinet.com
Fri Jun 11 10:22:45 PDT 2010

Hello Omar,

These are the steps I suggest you follow to complete the proposed building and the baseline building models most efficiently:

1) Model the proposed building first. Do everything you can in wizard. Keep a copy of the model at this stage so that you can easily go back to this state of your model if necessary.
2) Save two new copies of your model- one for the proposed model to be completed in the detailed editor and one for the baseline model.
3) Complete the proposed model in detail editor
4) Go back to the model you saved in step 2 of this process as the baseline model and change your selections in the wizard to comply with ASHRAE 90.1. This is quicker and easier than changing all the values manually.Keep a copy of the model at this stage so that you can easily go back to this state of your model if necessary.
5) Save a new copy of the baseline model and complete it in the detailed editor.

This process allows you to do everything you can in the wizard for both the baseline and proposed building models. It also helps to ensure that schedules and other aspects shared by the two buildings are modeled the same as required by ASHRAE 90.1.

I hope this helps,

Paul

Paul Buchheit
Mechanical Engineer